Oh, Darn! Have you forgotten your Samsung Laptop’s password? Or is your laptop is giving you a hard time – with over-heating, screen-freeze and crashing occasionally?
Whether it’s your laptop’s performance or you are unable to log-in – the key to all these problems – is to factory reset your gadget!
The factory reset is the quickest and the surest way to regain your laptop’s performance. When you go for the factory reset option, you are actually restoring its state when it came out of the factory!
If you are using windows 7 or the latest versions then there are two ways you can restore factory settings of your Samsung laptop.
Lucky for you, as we have explained both of these methods through a step-by-step in this article! So let’s get started and learn about the top methods to restore your laptop’s settings.
Two Methods To Restore Orginal Settings of Your Samsung Laptop
All Samsung laptops with windows 7 or the advanced versions have a built-in software or tool – known as the ‘Samsung Recovery Partition.’ It is one of the two ways that can help you restore the factory settings.
The recovery partition method is quite a good option. However, it is mostly suited for users with Windows 7. If you are using Windows 8/8.1/10 then you can also factory reset your laptop via ‘PC Settings.’
Steps To Factory Reset Laptop Using Samsung Recovery Partition:
Samsung is one of the leading tech brands for a reason. Be its specs, diagnostics, or design – Samsung never fails to deliver.
Which is why it has introduced the Recovery Partition feature. It is a hidden part of your laptop’s hard drive. The purpose of this partition is to create and store a copy of all your data.
It ‘s a quick, easy and safe way to restore factory settings of your device. Here is what you need to do:
- Start your laptop and press the ‘Esc’ key – until a ‘Samsung Recovery Solution’ pops open.
- On the screen, there would two options – ‘Restore’ & ‘Backup’. Click on ‘Restore.’
- It will present three restoring options – Basic Restore, Complete Restore & Data Restore/
- Click on the ‘Restore Option’ that is most appropriate for you.
- Your laptop will start restoring its factoring settings. Once completed it would be automatically turned off. Restart it, after the process completion.
Steps To Factory Reset Samsung Laptop Via PC Settings:
Factory resetting your Samsung’s laptop using your PC’s setting is also an easy process. But it requires more steps to follow.
Furthermore, it is different for users of Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10. Therefore, we have explained the procedure for both the Windows version separately.
Before starting the reset process make sure that your laptop’s charger is plugged-in. Using this method means you are wiping your laptop’s C-drive entirely! So don’t forget to back-up your files and important first.
In Windows 8/8.1:
Here is what you must do:
- Shift the cursor top-right/bottom-right corner of your laptop’s screen.
- Navigate to the ‘Charms Bar’ and then click on the ‘Settings.’
- You will notice a side-bar on your computer. Click on ‘Change PC Settings’ at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click on ‘Update & Recovery’ on the bottom-left corner of the sidebar in the PC Settings Window.
- Now click on the ‘Recovery’ option. A sidebar showing three options will open on the right side.
- From there click the ‘Get Started’ button under the ‘Remove Everything & Reinstall Windows’ option. Then click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- After that select, the ‘Just Remove My Files’ to confirm the entire C-drive reset.
- Reconfirm the action by clicking on the ‘Reset’ option – to continue the process.
Your computer will restart after the completion of the process – with its factory settings restored!
In Windows 10:
In the case of you are using windows 10, then:
- Navigate to the ‘Start’ button then click ‘Settings.’
- From there click on ‘Update & Security’>’Recovery’ option from the left side-bar.
- Now click on ‘Get Started’ under the ‘Reset this PC’ option.
- A pop-up window will now open – showing two options – ‘Keep My Files’ & ‘Remove Everything.’ Click the second option.
- A second window will pop-up with two options – ‘Just remove my files (to format C-drive)’ and ‘Remove files and clean the drive (to wipe out the whole C-drive and all its partitions)’. Select the first option.
- Click the ‘Next’ > ‘Reset’ button to reconfirm the whole reset process.
These steps will complete the Factory restoration process for Samsung’s Laptop with Windows 10.
Why Choose These Options?
When it comes to restoring your Samsung laptop’s factory setting there are several other options as well. However, these two options by far are the most convenient, easy to follow, and quick!
Whether you choose the ‘Recovery Partition’ option or using your PC’s setting to restore its original settings – it would take 5 to a maximum of 15 minutes!
However, the time could vary depending upon the speed & performance of your laptop. Moreover, there is no risk of losing your important data and files when you reset your laptop using these procedures.
Unlike many other procedures, both these methods can easily be performed by anyone – with basic knowledge of computers. You don’t have to be an expert! It means that you can save your dollar bills – as you won’t be needing the help of a professional technician.
Factory Reset is the best solution if your Samsung laptop’s running slow or you forgot your password. However, when if you are experiencing some other problems, you may need to look for other diagnostic options.
Although, the methods explained in this article are the most simple ones. If you are still unable to follow the steps – make sure to watch a tutorial on Youtube first. To avoid any mistake – make sure you follow the steps along with the guide or tutorial.
Leave your comments below to let us know whether how it worked out for you? Furthermore, if you are facing any other issue – share with us – and we will come with the best possible solution for you!