If you frequently use a laptop at your home, its screen gets stained easily. If you don’t clean the laptop screens frequently, it can transfer its dust particles to the keyboard too.
It further may lead to a lot of problems because the dust particles remain there for a long time. That’s why it’s imperative to clean the screen of your laptop before it gets too late.
The laptop screens can be mainly categorized into two groups. It either has a glossy screen or a matte screen.
The matte screen of the laptop has an extra coating i.e. anti-glare coating that prevents the reflections and makes the overall experience of using a laptop much better, even if you are working in a bright room or under sunlight.
This kind of screen is the best option for those who need to work from home because it’s better and safer for eyes. The dust on such screens is also less visible but, you need to make sure that you are cleaning it frequently.
Here are a few proven, effective and easy methods discussed for cleaning a matte laptop screen. Let us get to it.
- How to Clean a Matte laptop Screen Using Microfiber Cloth?
- How to Clean a Matte Laptop Screen Using a Sponge?
- How to Clean a Matte Laptop Screen Using a Cleaning Solution?
- Important Considerations to Clean the Matte Laptop Screen Safely
- Wrapping up
How to Clean a Matte laptop Screen Using Microfiber Cloth?
There are lots of people who choose to use tissue papers, towels and other cloth materials for cleaning the laptop screen, but that’s wrong. It may appear ok meanwhile to clean but it may leave its debris and can result in permanent scratches as well.
Microfiber cloth is utilized for different cleaning purposes such as camera cleaning, glasses cleaning, etc. You can also use it for the cleaning purpose of laptop matte screen if there is a little dust on it.
It allows you to remove the dust particles and debris without scratching or causing streaks to the sensitive surfaces.
Steps to clean a Matte laptop screen using a microfiber cloth
- Take a microfiber cloth that is used for cleaning glass surfaces. If you don’t have it, you must buy it rather than using any other piece of cloth, as already mentioned.
- Before beginning, you must make sure that the power adapter is detached and also your laptop is shut down. It is not only a safer way to cleaning but also makes the dust and debris more visible to you.
- Wipe the screen display area with the hands gently, but only in one direction. It is highly recommended not to clean the laptop screen in a circular motion because it may be damaging for it.
- Continue to wipe the surface gently until all the dust is removed. It will not take more than 2 minutes.
I suggest you keep the microfiber cloth in your laptop bag. As soon as you are done working on it, you must clean it regularly.
How to Clean a Matte Laptop Screen Using a Sponge?
As you have observed that the above method of cleaning matte laptop screen doesn’t require even water so it may not be much effective for the one that has more debris on it. So, here is another effective method for you but it’s not recommended to use this regularly.
All you need for this process is distilled or filtered out water and a regular household sponge. The tap water must not be used for this because it contains minerals which can lead to permanent scratching on the display screen.
Steps to Clean a Matte Laptop Using a Sponge
- First of all, shut down your laptop, as discussed in the previous method, to safely clean the laptop.
- Take distilled water in a bowl and damp the sponge and then squeeze it thoroughly i.e. no matter droplets left in the sponge.
- Rub the sponge against the entire screen 3 to 4 times. The affected areas must be cleaned more precisely. If there are any tiny droplets, clean them immediately.
- Don’t turn the laptop on immediately after it and let it dry completely for at least 15 to 20 minutes. You are done!
How to Clean a Matte Laptop Screen Using a Cleaning Solution?
This method is for cleaning the matte laptop screen which is dirtier and has not been cleaned for months. There are many cleaning solutions available in the market for laptops. Look for a reliable brand to buy a cleaning solution spray. In this technique, you also need a microfiber cloth.
Steps to Clean a Matte Laptop using a Cleaning Solution
- Again, the first step is to shut down your laptop and detach the battery or remove the power supply cable.
- You don’t have to spray cleaning solution directly on the matte screen because it can be harmful this way. Spray it on the piece of cloth in a very small quantity just to make it a little moist.
- Starting rubbing it over the laptop screen, in one direction gently and avoid putting pressure on the screen. Make sure that the solution drops don’t drip on the keyboard.
- Continue to clean the entire screen until no debris left and leave it for 20 minutes to dry fully.
Important Considerations to Clean the Matte Laptop Screen Safely
- The first and foremost thing to mention here is to avoid using the cleaning solutions which have alcohol in it. The reason is that it may be harmful and can damage the coated layer of the matte screen.
- Never allow your laptop screen to get moisture. This is harmful to every single part of the laptop and can make it dead.
- Always remember that the normal soaps aren’t intended to clean laptops. Also, you must not use all-purpose cleaners, dishwasher and window cleaners for its cleaning.
- If you use the laptop daily, make it a habit to clean its screen regularly for preventing the dust particles from accumulating.
So, these were the top three methods to clean your matte laptop screen. If it’s not too dirty, the first method will be enough for you. The rest of the two methods are effective for sticky dust which requires intense cleaning.
In the end, I would suggest you blow off all the dust before applying any method. Make it your habit to clean the screen and keyboard thoroughly with the microfiber cloth regularly. For the laptops screens, which are horribly dirty, you must seek professional assistance.
Need any help? Just let us know by commenting below.